Saturday, January 7, 2012

Praying this will forever be "Before"

Ughh.  That's how I feel about posting this picture.  Yes.  I really am standing next to the toilet.  Yes.  I'm really still in my sweats and it's almost noon.  Yes.  I'm slightly sucking in my pooching stomach.  But for better or worse, here is my official "Before" picture. 


I know I don't have 100 pounds to lose.  And I really don't want to come across flippant.  But I come from a LONG line of beautiful women who have struggled with weight their entire adult lives.  I'm not in my fifties, my forties or even my thirties.  I'm right here in my "young adult" years and already I'm battling. 

Thanks so much to those of you who are coming along side me and encouraging me in my journey!  It means the WORLD to me!!!

(See my face in my "About Me" picture?  That's the face I'm working towards!  I love chubby faces on my kissable babies, but on me?  Not so much!)

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Grace, you are beautiful! May the Lord strengthen you for this journey as he works to build you inside and out! I look forward to cheering you along in your hard work. :) (bloom from momys)

Anonymous said...

You are lovely!
I feel exactly the same way about my chubby face, lol. I am cheering you on! -Dee

BrandyLynn said...

Tracy and Dee both said what I would have. I'll try and encourage you on your way! You can do it! :)

(And I truly, honestly believe you are beautiful any way!)

Angie said...

Grace.......I hope by what I said on my blog that I didn't make it sound like you were coming across flippant.Thats why I mentioned how I felt at your weight.I KNOW how you feel.I think you are GREAT to be serious about your weight.I wish I would have really been serious when I was that weight.I was serious at times but never stayed serious.

Anyhow I think it is wonderful that you are doing this and getting this under control!! It can get so out of control SO quickly!

I want to encourage you now to plan as if you ARE going to get pregnant so that when you DO become pregnant,you won't give up.Look at it as a lifelong change.Think of your health.The way we live now will make a difference on how we feel when we are 60 and have all of those grandbabies!!!!! :):):)

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

You can do it and I'm cheering you on! :)

Cheymelah said...

Hi grace!!! I'll be cheering you on!

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Good morning,

I changed my blog name and link address

it is now http://walkinghumbly2012.blogspotDOTcom/

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Sorry to do this again, but I've changed my blog name yet again and this is going to be it, I promise!! :)

http://walkinginhumility.blogspotDOTcom/