Monday, January 9, 2012

Day One......

Here I am.  Day One.  I'm feeling......

Excited....... Because I truly believe that the Lord is working on some key areas of my life and that He has the power to change me.  I know that He can help me have self-control and to live my life in a disciplined way.

Discouraged........ Because this morning I weigh 168.8.  Hmmmm.  Not how I was hoping to start out my week.

Trepidatious........  Because I'm great about getting excited about things for a short time and then not carrying through.

Encouraged........  Because I never imagined what it would be like for you ladies to come along side me.  Each of you fuel my fire in your own ways.


I think (at least for this month!)  I am going to work from weekly goals.  This week my goals are...

1.  Walk 15 miles this week.  (1 down!)
2.  Have a sugar free week.

That may not sound like too much, but I am shaking in my boots here!!!  Right now, sugar feels like my life blood so PLEASE pray for me as I go through this week!

My first weight goal is to hit 159 by February 6.  That felt much less daunting when it was only seven pounds.  9.8 pounds doesn't sound quite so easy.  Please pray for my heart during this time, that I will stay focused on honoring the Lord and not on selfish motives.  And please also pray against discouragement for me.  It's a constant enemy of mine!

6 comments:

Angie said...

Grace!!!!!!!!!

I could have written every word of your post!! I too believe that I REALLY am going to do it this time and it is because I am going to go to the Lord for help.I have never truly done that.I have never really thought it was a spiritual issue but OBVIOUSLY I need HIS HELP.(I am going to blog about this sometime today so you can read more of my thoughts later....)

I am SO SO SO SO like you in that I am great at getting all fired up about something and then fizzling out after a few weeks or a month.That is the story of my life with weight loss for the last 13 years! From the moment I had weight to lose after my first baby was born.Well,even gaining all of the weight during his pregnancy.I am TERRIBLE at fizzling out on my goals.I am really NOT going to do that this time.If I can do it you can do it!!

Which brings me to the last thing I wanted to say! You CAN DO THIS! I am a sugar lover too but I have gone up to a month without it with no problem.It is simply mind over matter.(Which is what we have a problem with right? lol) You can do it! I will not let you quit.I will be checking this blog every day!!! I will definitely pray for my weight loss buddies every morning.I am committing to that.(Time for reading/prayer etc. in the morning is one of my new years resolutions......I haev MANY lol)

That weight goal sounds very reasonable.Yo ucan do this Grace.Don't put it off like I did it.I was in your shoes after a few baby's but after my 4th is when it started getting tough and now.........Now instead of 24 lbs to lose.....I have 90.You DON'T want that!!!!!!!

Go go go go!!!!!!!

BrandyLynn said...

(((GRACE))) Please know, I am praying for you. I don't minimize either of your goals. You KNOW what is difficult for you... and YOU know what will help you the most.

Like Angie said... you CAN do this! I lost a lot of weight after my 3rd living baby. (I had a lot to lose.) That weight just "fell off" of me by eating healthy. I didn't exercise or anything. After baby 4... it's been a different story. Something does change as we age... so your working on it NOW is going to benefit you so you don't end up where some of *US* are!

You can DO THIS! And we will encourage you, and cheer for you, and pray for you along the journey!

Your goals for this week sound GREAT! (I'd encourage you to break them down a bit more though... so you don't end up discouraged come Sunday when you have 7 miles to walk! That's just *me* though... I work best that way... whatever the case... do what works best for YOU!)

:)

(((HUGS)))

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Your goals sound great! I'm afraid to even set a goal for weight loss, like be at 170 by the end of the month. Maybe I should do that! Today, the sweets weren't calling as loudly to me.

We can do this!

Nataly said...

It is SO wonderful to get to read from other gals and know we're all doing this together! Particularly YOU all! I feel like I can trust you, Grace. And Angie, and BrandyLynn, and Tanya, and the other MOMYS who are joining in. I know we can all keep on encouraging each other. :)

I too feel like I could have typed all of that. SUGAR! Oh my! I know I don't need sugar and I told Joe that I don't think I would even be WANTING sugar if I wasn't trying not to eat it. :(

Anonymous said...

I know that you can do it! Weekly goals are great because I think that you can make changes as needed quicker. -Dee

Tracy said...

Grace, your honesty and openness is a blessing! I believe that everyone who walks this journey battles with the irony of wanting to hide from the reality of where they are and the craving of having others come alongside us to share, encourage, empathize, and challenge us to persevere. We don't want to make ourselves so vulnerable, but we so want to know we are not alone! You've done it! You've walked right past that blockade of fear into the path of victory the Lord has prepared for you. Keep your heart focused on exalting him in all ways and you will rejoice in the work He does in your body, heart, and life. :D