Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day Three

I'm doing pretty well today.  We were up quite a bit last night with our sweet Ella throwing up (seems fine today and no one else is sick so I'm not sure what was up!) so we were all pretty wiped out.

Only got one mile in today, but still doing good with the "no sugar" week.  It was actually easier for me today!

Yesterday I thought I would sign back up for myfooddiary.com which I've tried in the past off and on.  It costs $9 a month and is really good at breaking down what you're eating and letting you know what you need more or less of.  By the end of the day though I was stressing out!  It hit me then that I knew there was no way I was going to be able to stick with it for long.  So I quite right then and there.

Usually in the past I would have pushed on for a few more days before crashing and burning so bad that I probably would have burned out on all of this.  It felt so good to take a step back and look at what I really CAN handle and what was just going to over burden me.  I know with the Lord's help and your encouragement I CAN stick with my weekly goals and ALREADY I'm feeling healthier and less dependant on sugar!

Tonight is my evening alone while my husband works with youth.  This is a big pitfall for me so please pray that I can prevail!!!

(8 out 15 miles walked so far this week!)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Grace, great work on getting in that mile. When dealing with sick children, it's easy to set it aside.

I used mfd all of last year and found it to be a great tool. But, yes, it can be a stress if you aren't using it regularly and know you're paying for it. I had to cancel just last month because I needed to save the money. I was frustrated because all the time I had spent entering my recipes was lost. I did learn a lot about my habits, there,though, and have gleaned good things. Sparks people is similar, not as detailed, but could be an option for you. But only if it ends up being a useful tool, not a burden.

I hope your evening alone went well!

Nataly said...

Have you ever tried My Fitness Pal? I really can't see much of a difference (based on reviews) except that My Fitness Pal is free. :)

Good job on the mile and avoiding the sugar!! How did you do while your dh was gone?

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

It is hard to keep on top of exercising when dealing with sick ones. I've had sick ones here too. Thankfully they are all getting better, still coughs around here though. :(

I've never tried my food diary or such, but I'd probably be stressed out too. I should try something like that and just get a real idea of where things are at. :)

Anyway, keep up the good work!!

Angie said...

Grace I thought I commented here yesterday!!!!! I must have gotten sidetracked.....

I hope last night went well!!

I could never keep something like that up either Grace!!!

I firmly believe that it is not about calories or fat.Most"nutrition tracker" stuff wants you to go lowfat.I highly suggest you read the book "The Shwarzbein Principle".It is full of excellent health info and it is pretty much what I am trying to do.(Although not near as strictly as she suggests on the carbs etc.)

If you can't pick it,grow it,hunt it,gather it or milk it.Don't eat it! lol

She explains how it is not fat that makes you fat etc.

Anyhow,that is a bunch of rambling but you ought to check it out!