Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Well........

As you may have deduced by my long silence, this past week did NOT go as planned.  I tried to "improvise" the best that I could, but since I didn't get on here and admit my changes, I still felt slightly guilty!

By Wednesday I decided that I was going to have to throw out the "no sugar week".   This past week was full of getting together with THREE of our dear friends (two of which are siblings!) who are starting some very exciting relationships, one friend who is grieving, friends who are struggling with a legal vs. Christian attitude situation and one of my best friends who is moving across the country.  Plus two birthday parties.  Our life is not normally like this and I feel like I've been grasping for sanity!

I really felt like it was the wise decision to not add more burden to myself and I still tremendously felt the inspiration of all of you ladies and felt like the Lord was giving me the strength the be wise in the midst of it all.

I got in 4 out of 6 TTapp times but only walked 2 miles.  I also only got my water in four days.

Now here I am at day two of Week 3 already!  I weighed myself this morning and it said 165.7 which considering my past week, I was THRILLED with!

My goals this week are,

Walk 10 miles (2 done)
Dance exercise 4 times (for AT LEAST 15 min.)
Sweets ONLY with my husband
Drink Green Tea daily
Serve my husband breakfast EVERY day!!!
Update here DAILY for one week

This may not sound too extreme but I want a week that will get me "back on the wagon".

If I meet all of these goals this week I'm going to reward myself by ordering a new Walk Away the Pounds dvd.  I've used the same one for two years now.  What are your favorites?

3 comments:

BrandyLynn said...

Your goals for this week sound very attainable Grace. Good for you! I am glad you are satisfied with your weigh-in... especially after a difficult week last week. I look forward to checking in and seeing how you do this week. :)

Angie said...

I love your goals Grace! I totally agree with what you are doing.I am kind of doing the same thing right now.I am NOT in the shape I am in from having the Snickers bar my husband brings me home,the moderate dessert I have on family night or even every night for that matter!I am in this shape from snacking throughout the days on sugar/white flour stuff and not enough exercise.

I want to make disciplined,wise choices!

No aimless snacking but I am concentrating on THINKING about health all the time.Refusing to give in to my lazy self not wanting to exercise!

CONTROLLING my flesh.

I am truly praying to the Lord every day to help me with this.Give me strength in this area to be a good example for HIM.

I am striving to drink green tea every day too!!

The REALLY crazy thing though is I was thinking last night about making it that I eat sweets ONLY with my husband AND announce to the him AND the entire household what I am eating (along with my blogging buddies).

I mean there is NO way I am going to tell Scott "Daddy,I am eating my 10th brownie..."

That is a little bit of an exaggeration lol but honestly though,if there was a pan of brownies on my counter in the morning I bet I could eat the whole pan throughout the day.

No secrets here! lol

I would LOVE to see you update every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT job on the weight loss!

Nataly said...

I think that's a great plan, Grace. I am doing the No-S diet still but my definition of snacks and sweets is "unplanned-for" snacks and sweets. I KNOW that if Joe wants a dessert today I'm going to sit down with him and have some...so I plan for it. I know that I'm going to be hungry between meals (and as a hypoglycemic it's not healthy to go hungry) so I plan for several healthy snacks to be available to me. My next week or so is going to be nuts too. Yesterday my dh had to help his brother all day at the house they're building and the kiddos and I tagged along. I had to be loose with my meals and I didn't get any exercise in. Tomorrow is my Grandma's birthday. Next day is my Orvil's birthday. Next week is my Rachel's birthday. LOTS of sweets that I normally wouldn't have. LOL! I'm not going to stress over it. The weight will come off. Those S-Days are really small when stacked up against the rest of the year. ;)

I have (and like) Leslie Sansone's Walk Off 10 Pounds, Walk Away The Pounds For Abs, and Walk Away The Pounds Express - 2 miles. I like them all and use each of them throughout the week.